It’s Thursday—AKA, RELEASE NIGHT!
We’ve endured the long wait for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, although if you think about it… the wait really hasn’t been that long! We only learned about this title in March, and development faced zero known delays, something that’s almost unheard of for this series.
Word on the street (read: Reddit) is that eShop servers will update at midnight Eastern, which is fortunately 9pm in Pacific timezone where I live. If you preloaded the game digitally, that’s when it should unlock on your home screen!
Simeon and I are ready and extremely excited to play. I just wanted to share a quick post about our plans for release night.
- Get done with a meeting about 8:15pm. It absolutely must NOT go late, or there will be consequences!
- Rush to Best Buy so I can pick up my physical copy at 9pm.
- Simeon will accompany me, and will then use his phone’s mobile-hotspot feature to connect his Switch and unlock his digital copy.
- Speed through every red light and stop sign to arrive at home. Periodically shoot Simeon dirty looks of jealousy as his Switch’s speakers emit sounds of smashing in the passenger seat.
- Scale the 3 flights of stairs up to my apartment in about 7.3 seconds.
- Slam the cartridge into my Switch (after a quick lick).
- Start up a stream on our YouTube channel [ring that bell to get notified when we go live].
- Unlock characters as fast as possible.
- Kick Simeon’s sorry tushy with Dark Samus.
If you’re not picking up the game and playing it right away, we’d love to have you join our release night stream!
I’ve got one more blog post in this series, publishing tomorrow, Dec. 7th at noon Pacific.
Latest posts by Scott (see all)
- Savor It Scott's Thoughts: Smash Ultimate is HERE! - 12/07/2018
- My Release Night Plans Scott's Thoughts: 1 Day to Smash Ultimate - 12/06/2018
- TBC 016: Custom Robo Retrospective - 12/05/2018