Copies of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are circulating out in the wild, 10 days before the December 7th launch!
Nintendo didn’t intend for this to happen, but a variety of things have taken place:
- Certain stores have broken street date and sold the game early
- Some people received review units and have broken embargo, uploading confidential information
- Other people have preloaded the game from the eShop and hacked their Switches to datamine the download
The cumulative result is a lot of spoilers leaked online, including soundtrack files, World of Light cutscenes, unlocking instructions, etc.
But who cares?
My flippant response surprised me a little bit. It was only a few years ago that I managed to secure an advance copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for review (legally) and I practically jumped for joy when that happened!
Why am I not excited about the prospect of Smash Ultimate leaking? Well, this series is fun to play, not just learn about! Sure, character reveals are one thing, but we’ve gotten all those officially. I can wait patiently to hear the game’s music when I’ve actually bought the thing.
Besides, launch is only 10 days away! It’s coming up quick, and I have plenty of things to play before Smash 5 changes all my gaming habits. I need to hit someone with a Grenade Launcher in Fortnite to complete my challenges, play a few games I picked up on Black Friday, and finish off Hollow Knight which I’m 20 hours into.
It’s weird, but I’m content to wait the week-and-a-half until I can legitimately play SSBU. Maybe I’m growing up a little.
Latest posts by Scott (see all)
- TBC 017: Breath of the Wild Sequel Wish-List - 09/05/2019
- How GameStop Betrayed Game Informer - 08/30/2019
- Savor It Scott's Thoughts: Smash Ultimate is HERE! - 12/07/2018