What can I say? I think I’m in love with a potted plant.
The final Smash Direct opened with a bit of a snoozer: an Echo Fighter and a Pokemon being confirmed as the final roster additions.
Sure, the fake leak didn’t help to keep our expectations down, but seriously? I would have to sit out the next 35 minutes of the Direct without another exciting character reveal?
Thankfully, Piranha Plant completely blindsided me and brought that wow-factor I craved.
He (she?) has a lot going for him (her?)!
- Free before February
- Never leaked, suspected, or even requested from anyone on God’s green earth
- Not a sword-fighter
- Completely unique moveset
- Has an amazingly detailed amiibo
- Adds another much-needed villain to the cast
The only thing you could really criticize my good buddy P.P. (as I like to call him [her?]) is that it makes the Mario series even more over-represented. So what! Fire Emblem was catching up to Mario in character count, and if any franchise should have the biggest presence, it’s the plumber and his pals.
I’m trying to keep my rotation of characters smaller in this game—more on that later—but I’ll undoubtedly make room for this DLC.
P.S. If you call Piranha Plant “Petey” one more time, I will smack you.
Latest posts by Scott (see all)
- Savor It Scott's Thoughts: Smash Ultimate is HERE! - 12/07/2018
- My Release Night Plans Scott's Thoughts: 1 Day to Smash Ultimate - 12/06/2018
- TBC 016: Custom Robo Retrospective - 12/05/2018